A sumptuous cake for apples is spiced with and cloves, topped with toasted walnuts and served with a caramel of vegan coconut.
This recipe is clean food, Dairy Free, and Paleo.
It's apple season and Dessi recently made this FlavCity Instagram apple coffee cake and everybody wanted the recipe. She tuned the recipe perfect, made it even better, and came out with the cake with a milk-free vegan caramel cup.
This apple coffee cake is gluten-free, 100% paleo, with vegan caramel sauce. But forget the nutritional limitations, this cake tastes wonderful, nobody would even know, or care, it's paleo! Check out my Free Pumpkin Bread Gluten Recipe too!
Apple Coffee Cake (Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
This apple coffee cake is rich and luscious, with and cloves and a caramel vegan toasted walnuts! Paleo, gluten-free, milk-free, sugar-free.
- Course: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Keyword: apple cake, apple walnut cake, coffee cake
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 8 servings
For The Cake:
- 2 whites
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 3/4 cup virgin coconut oil melted
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch or tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons ground
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda + 2 teaspoons cream of tartar or 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 cup peeled and grated apples about 2 medium sized apples (Honey Crisp, Gala or Fuji)
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts chopped
For The Caramel :
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat 375F oven.
- The and whites with and vanilla beat in a hand mixer until the has fluffy and dissolved fully.
- Add the cocoon oil melted and add to it.
- Mix together ground cinnamon, ground cloves, rinses, baked soda and tartar crème (or baked powder and salt) and the meal in a separate bowl. For strictly paleo use bakery soda and tartar cream, as baking powder is generally made of maize starch.
- Pour the mixture over the flour mixture and beat for about 30 seconds.
- Peel the apples, squeeze them and squeeze them out. Measure and apply one cup of squeezed apple to the batter.
- Mix well and pour into a bakery 9-inch springform lined with parchment paper on the bottom. For this purpose, an 8x10 inch bakery works too.
- Round off with the walnuts tasting and cutting.
- Bake for 38-40 minutes in a 375F oven or until the denture inserted is clean. Deep brown in color should be the edges of the cake.
- Place the chocolate, and a few pins of salt in a small pot and bring to a boil for the of caramel.
- Turn the heat to low and stir occasionally with the wooden spoon for about 40-50 minutes. The is heavily caramel colored and high. This is when the back of the spoon is powdered. Be mindful that as it cools down, it will thicken a little more.
- Stir in the vanilla paste or extract and reserve to refresh. Remove from the heat. Makes approximately 8 oz of caramel.
- After cooling both cake and sauce, drizzle over the entire cake and stir!
Recipe Notes :
Cake is kept in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for 4 days. Can't frozen Apple cake. Vegan is stored in a refrigerator for 7-10 days.