That was the apple pie recipe of my grandmother. I never saw one like that one else. It will still be my favorite and won a variety of prizes in local contests. I assume that it will also be one of your favorites!
- prep: 30 mins
- cook: 1 hr
- total: 1 hr 30 mins
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 1 - 9 inch pie
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup white
- ½ cup packed
- 8 medium (2-3/4" dia) (approx 3 per lb)s Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- Preheat the furnace to 425 ° F (220 ° C). In a saucepan, melt the butter. Cut the meal and make a paste. Take to a boil tea, white sugar, and brown sugar. Shrink and let it cool. Keep it cool.
- In your pan, place the bottom crust. Apple full, slightly mounded. Fill with a crust for grinding. Pour the liquid over the crust with and butter gently. Pour gradually to keep it from running off.
- In the preheated oven, bake for 15 minutes. Shrink to 350 ° F (175 ° C) in temperature. Continue baking until the apples are soft for 35 to 45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
512.2 calories; protein 3.6g 7% DV; carbohydrates 67.8g 22% DV; fat 26.7g 41% DV; cholesterol 30.5mg 10% DV; sodium 240.8mg 10% DV.