- 140g plain flour
- 85g butter, cubed
- 85g cheddar (such as Montgomery or vegetarian alternative), or other hard cheese, finely grated
- 175ml milk
- 100g cheddar (such as Montgomery or vegetarian alternative), or other hard cheese, grated
- 300g asparagus, trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- Place the meal in a bowl; apply the butter to the meal and rub in until it appears like breadcrumbs with your fingertips. Into the pastry and mix the browned cheddar. Add 3 tbsp of cold water and combine to form a disk. In the fastener film cover and restart for 5 minutes. Butter with a depth of 20x6 cm or 35x12 cm loose-bottom tartons.
- 180C / 160C / gas 4 heat oven. Dust the surface of the job gently with flour, roll the pastry out and fill the tray. Chill into the freezer for 20 minutes, then cover with baked paper the pastry shell, add the beans and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the beans and parchment, and then transfer the pastry case 10 minutes into the oven.
- Crack the and whisk them to bottle, then apply the milk and whisk. Sprinkle half the rubbed cheese over the pastry case, adding the asparagus, mixture and remaining cheese, so add all of the mixture if you are using a rectangular tin. Bake for 30-35 mins or until mixture of is placed in the lower half of the oven.
Nutrition per serving :