Cub salad – A balanced, easy-to-wear salad with watermelon, cucumber, arugula, goat cheese, candyed nuts, and a balsamic glaze. For those days it's too hot to cook a PERFECT summer salad!!
- Yield: 2
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- 500 millilters balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 cups watermelon, seeded and cubed (I recommend seedless, firm watermelon)
- 1 large cucumber or English cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup argula (1 heaping handful)
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled or as desired
- 1/3 cup candied nuts, or as desired
- Add the vinegar, 1/2 cup and heat over half to medium to full until the mixture boils and can maintain a fast rolling boil to a full-facing medium-large kettle (using one larger than you think you need). Boil roughly 15 to 20 minutes, or 80 percent, and thicken, stir, intermittently and keep an eye on it so that it does not bubble.
- If the looks like half-finished, taste the and add any or all of the rest of the sugar, whether it is too vinegary and bitter for you. I use nearly 1 cup personally. When it cools, is thickened further. You can also use balsamic glaze bought from the store.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to a medium bowl, stir and drizzle the balsamic decrease as much as you like. The balsamic reduction remains tons but will remain in a screened bottle for weeks in the refrigerator. As long as you are struggling, you might also get extra food for potential meals, because it is huge over rice, salmon, etc.
Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4245Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 1160mgCarbohydrates: 812gFiber: 4gSugar: 717gProtein: 34g
The nutrition information is taking into account ALL of the balsamic reduction and you won't need anywhere near all of it for this salad, probably just a few tablespoons, but it is skewing the data very extremely artificially high.