You will have the best ever! This receta is a simple 30-minute recipe, golden seated savy beef strips smothered by the amazing sour cream gravy mushroom.
Don't struggle again with dry, chewy beef or bland stroganoff sauce.
You'll love the Recipes if you've ever masked your way through dry, overcooked beef! Just two easy and tender rules for juicy beef:
- to use the correct cut;
- 30 Second Sear ( < – I rendered this name entirely PS)
The first rule is very self-intending: you can't get away with a higher value cut like chuck beef for a fast cooking recipe like Beef Stroganoff.
You can certainly make a slow stroganoff cooker.
However, when the beef is tender, juicy great, and if you want to make the retro classic the way it is and enjoy what it is, you don't get around the fact that you will need a decent steak of decent quality that is perfectly marbled.
I know , I know, like the eyes above rib you see juicy steaks and your impulse is to throw them over the barbie.
I 'm listening to you. I must battle myself against the desire. Then I recall the gravely mushroom sour cream and I note that using the good steak is the only way of enjoying a very nice stroganoff. We are not sorry about that.
What cut of beef is best for stroganoff?
Tender, juicy cuts are the best beef cuts for stroganoff:
- boneless rib eye – also called scotch fillet (pictured above)
- boneless sirloin
- sirloin steak tips
- beef tenderloin
The 30 second sear
Slim beef streaks flash overcook. But it was a blasphemy that forgot the sear (in my books). Sear = both the beef and the gravy are flavored.
There's just one way around this, therefore. A smoking hot skillet in a super fast sear. And I really mean it when I say super fast. If you skip a few pink bits too bad, thirty seconds on either side! SKILLET 'S GET IT OUT!!
At this point the beef will still be raw, but don't worry! At the end of the cooking process it ends in gravel.
What is stroganoff sauce made of?
A made from beef broth thickened by flour is a sour creme grave. It has a mustard flavor and has champignons therein.
I love the deep golden brown sewn beef creamy pale colour.
can be kept in the fridge for 3 to 4 days if you happen to have leftovers or meal planning. But be careful not to overcook beef when it is reheated!
Wondering if can be freezed?
Yes you can! Yes, you can! The sour cream is not going to break or congeal. Thaw, reheat – don't overcook the beef while it is reheated.
What to serve with beef stroganoff
Serve it over spaghetti, pasta or mash – something that is a decent medium to gravy all this magnificent mushroom. Try the cauliflower mash!
I consider using a short pasta when using noodles or pasta. It just simplifies your diet and makes sure you get a little of everything in every dick with lots of that sauce!
RECIPE VIDEO ABOVE. Sweet beef stripes in a gravel mushroom cream-everyone 's going to love quick dinner. Main STEPS: Sear beef really quick and use a large skillet (for fast sear + fast reduction of sauce) with full juiciness. Stroganoff calls for good beef but if you have a cuts in your budget, use this basic Chinese method for tending the beef. Life changes-and Stroganoff is fine.
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Total: 30 mins
- 600 g / 1.2 lb scotch fillet steak / boneless rib eye (Note 1)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil , divided2 tbsp vegetable oil , divided
- 1 large (or 2 small onions), sliced1 large (or 2 small onions), sliced
- 300 g / 10 oz mushrooms , sliced (not too thin)300 g / 10 oz mushrooms , sliced (not too thin)
- 40 g / 3 tbsp butter40 g / 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour (Note 2)2 tbsp flour (Note 2)
- 2 cups / 500 ml beef broth , preferably salt reduced2 cups / 500 ml beef broth , preferably salt reduced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 150 ml / 2/3 cup sour cream150 ml / 2/3 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepperSalt and pepper
- 250 - 300 g / 8 - 10 oz pasta or noodles of choice (Note 3)250 - 300 g / 8 - 10 oz pasta or noodles of choice (Note 3)
- Chopped chives , for garnish (optional)Chopped chives , for garnish (optional)
- Slice the steaks to about 3/4 cm (1/3) "thick with your fist (or pin or mallet rolling) to slice them in 5mm/1/5" (long ones sliced in half) with the excess fat discarded.
- Add salt and pepper to the sprinkler.
- In a wide saucepan heat 1 tbsp. of oil. Spread half the meat, spread Easily with the tongs in the skillet. Leave untouched until browned for 30 seconds. Transform beef quick (as often as you can!). Enable 30 seconds to brown untouched. Remove on a tray instantly. Don't think about rose bits and it's going to be crude inside.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil left over, then repeat with the rest of the beef.
- Switch medium heat down. Fill in sugar, stir in. Then add ointments, cook 1 minute, then add champagne.
- Cook champagne till they are golden. Remove all the golden bits from the bottom of the fry pot (this's flavor!!).
- Add meal and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Stir in half of the broth. Add remaining broth until integrated.
- Add the sour cream and mustard, combine and then add. Remove once incorporated (do not worry if the cream appears to be scattered, the sour cream will "develop" when heated).
- Cook, then reduce to medium low heat. When thick, change salt and pepper to taste after the consistence of the pouring cream (3-5 minutes).
- Add beef back in (plate juices included). Simmer 1 minute and then remove from the burner. (Remark 4)
- Serve with chives, sprinkling over pasta or noodles if desired.
Recipe Notes :
Best beef cut for stroganoff-use decent quick beef cutting in good condition, such as:
- boneless rib eye (aka scotch fillet)
- boneless sirloin, sirloin steak tips
- beef tenderloin
I don't recommend: steak round beef, skirt, flat iron, hanger, hanger, I recommend.
Pork can also be used-in Russia, pork stroganoff is also used.
Tenderise Economical Beef-If a good steak is not present, tender it using this simple chinese process called "vetting" is highly recommended. Life changes! Life changes! Read the user reviews in the validation recipe
- Flour-here 's all right, I'm using straight white flour (all purpose). Or use 1 tbsp cornstarch / maize flour (free stroganoff gluten)
- Serving-I prefer to serve it with short pastas instead of with long. Easier feeding. Easier feeding. It's perfect even with mashed potato, rice, polenta – all that can pitch all the gravity!
- Thickness of the sauce: you can dilute the with a touch of water if you want, but do not simmer until the beef has been added.
- Storage in the fridge for 3 to 4 days, even fine freezes. Thaw thoroughly reheat then and don't cook the beef too much!
- Pasta excludes nutrition per part, assuming 5 portions (serves 4 hearty portions or 5 responsive portions).
Nutrition Information :
- Serving: 243g
- Calories: 586cal (29%)
- Carbohydrates: 9g (3%)
- Protein: 37g (74%)
- Fat: 44g (68%)
- Saturated Fat: 24g (150%)
- Cholesterol: 125mg (42%)
- Sodium: 449mg (20%)
- Potassium: 1035mg (30%)
- Fiber: 1g (4%)
- Sugar: 3g (3%)
- Vitamin A: 485IU (10%)
- Vitamin C: 4mg (5%)
- Calcium: 57mg (6%)
- Iron: 3.7mg (21%)