Serve with the crusty Italian Wide, "A wonderful anchovy dressing transforms this salad into a snack."
- Prep 20 m
- Cook 15 m
- Ready In 35 m
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled, divided
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 anchovy fillets, minced
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon juice, or more to taste
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups day-old bread, cubed
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- Then add 3 garlic cloves and mayonnaise, anchovies, 2 Parmesan cheese teaspoons, Worcestershire, mustard and citrus sauté, in a small bowl. Season with black pepper and salt to taste. Hot until ready to use.
- Over medium heat, heat oil in a large bowl. Split the other three garlic cloves in half, then add the heat to the oil. Remove garlic from the pot and cook until golden. Fill the hot oil with bread cubes. Cook until slightly browned, turning regularly. Remove the oil cubes of bread, salt and pepper and season to taste.
- In a wide bowl, place lettuce. Dress, parmesan cheese remain, and seasoned cubes of bread.
Per Serving: 384 calories; 33.5 g fat; 16.3 g carbohydrates; 5.8 g protein; 18 mg cholesterol; 549 mg sodium.