Although this is a great idea because you can play in the kitchen 0 percent in ratios ... isn't that the best?!
For years, after something similar had taken place at a family reunion, this salad was one of my favourites. I can't even remember, who made it so cool.
Often I use olive oil flavored with basil, or even put a kind of basil vinaigrette together. The trick will be a little EVOO, a handful of chili pepper and a glug of white balsamic vinaigrette. Don't miss a flaky pinch of salt and a new pepper crack. Perhaps even a fresh squeeze through the top to cut the fat and the sweetness of the strawberries a little more acid.
I like drizzle over my top and leave the rest on my hand when serving. It makes for a nice performance and people can add as much as they want. It helps not to get soggy, too.
Strawberry Avocado Caprese Salad
This Caprese strawberry avocado salad is ideal for fresh dinners, sparkling wedges and even for a fresh breakfast in late spring!
- Course: lunch or side
- Cuisine: Italian
- Keyword: avocado, caprese, mozzarella, salad,
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Servings: 4 people
- Calories: 374kcal
- 1 pint strawberries thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado diced, sliced or made into a rose
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Squeeze of
- Cut the strawberries and mozzarella into pieces, place with a few basil leaves on a serving plate and top.
- Mix the ingredients with the vinaigrette until they are emulsified. Nice. Nice. Add extra oil or vinegar if necessary to get the tang and texture you want. Here there are no amounts right or wrong. Rinse the salad with a little vinaigrette and put the rest on the floor. Put.
The white vinegar can be sub-packed with standard vinegar, but the basil vinaigrette can change its color.
Serving: 1serving (1/4th salad) | Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 274mg | Potassium: 484mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 692IU | Vitamin C: 76mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 1mg