I'm just happy to cook meals because life is so much simpler. We're making and veggie freezer packets this week instead of cooking meals prepared. The food is cooled and served in minutes for an outstanding lunch or dinner, and can be packed into four or four-gallon freezer bags to fill one or four people!
and veggies are the star, but also work quite well. Choose your favorite fast-cooking foods such as fine sliced peppers, cherry tomatoes, courgettes, sliced onions or broccoli. Everything should be formed into thin bands or tiny cubes. Divide the and vegetables into a separate freezer bag or a big gallon jar.
You can now transform this and vegetables into your desired flavor profile or use my below favorite simple Italian marinade recipe. For 15-20 minutes just spray the and vegetables in a saucepan or an microwave, roast onto a pan and you're done!
Chicken and Veggie Freezer Packs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 pound boneless skinless breasts, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large zucchini cut into slices
- 2 medium bell peppers cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium yellow halved and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup of your favorite marinade or use recipe below
- 4 quart size of 2-gallon size ziplock bags
- For the marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Divide the and vegetables into 4 gallon ziplock bags or 2 gallon package.
- Whisk butter, garlic, Italian, paprika, salt and pepper in a small cup. Divide the marinade into ziplock bags evenly, seal and shake to cover and vegetables absolutely. Within 2 months freeze. Freeze.
- Heat the pan and put 1 bag into the pot and sauté 10-15 min. or until soft and fried. To heat. To cook it. Pre-heat oven to 425F as an alternative. Line the sheets with foil and pour them into the foil and roast 15-20 minutes. and vegetables.