These stuffed shells are filled with three types of cheese, then covered in marinara and other cheese. A classic comfort food that fits a crowd!
I turn into baked spaghettis, lasagna rolls ups or these very cheesy, stuffed shells when I look for a simple meal that is pleasing to both children and adults.
For good reason, stuffed covers are a popular dish – they look warm and elegant, and yet easy to produce. And who's able to resist this whole cheese? The following version is for an entirely satisfying meal using ricotta, parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, along with zesty sauce.
Classic Stuffed Shells
- Course Main
- Cuisine Italian
- Keyword stuffed shells
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Cook Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Servings 6
- Calories 488kcal
- 24 jumbo pasta shells cooked according to package directions
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided use
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups marinara divided use
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- cooking spray
- To 375 degrees F, preheat the oven. Cover with the kitchen spray a 9 "x 13" baker.
- Spread in a single layer on the bottom of the pan 1/2 cup of Marinara
- Place in a bowl the ricotta, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, egg, salt , pepper and parmesan. Remove to mix.
- Place in the bakery each shell with a ricotta mix.
- Sprinkle over the shells the remaining marinara sauce, then sprinkle over 1 1/2 more cups of cheese.
- Foil over the plate. Twenty minutes bake. Then cook for a further 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
- Persever, then serve. Sprinkle.
Create directions ahead of time. Place the shells on the top of the layer and fill the pan. Up to 8 hours cover and cool. Resting mozzarella and pepperoni uncover and sprinkle. For 30-35 minutes, bake or heat pasta and melted cheese.
Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 1193mg | Potassium: 630mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1460IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 561mg | Iron: 3mg