- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 skinless, boneless breast halves - boiled and shredded
- ½ cup chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada
- Step 1
To Make Meat Mixture: Heat oil in medium skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, and green chile peppers and saute until browned, then add taco seasoning and prepare meat mixture according to package directions.
- Step 2
To Make Cheese Mixture: In a medium bowl mix sour cream with cottage cheese and season with salt and pepper; stir until well blended.
- Step 3
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 4
To Assemble Enchiladas: Heat tortillas until soft. In each tortilla place a spoonful of meat mixture, a spoonful of cheese mixture and a bit of shredded cheese. Roll tortillas and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with any remaining meat and cheese mixture, enchilada and remaining shredded cheese.
- Step 5
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.