Veggie filled pot pie and cheddar cheese almond meal cookies.
This is a Gluten Free, / ingredient
This is not just an easy and fuss-free pudding recipe. I began by taking out my kitchen 's largest cupboard. Rub the pot and dump it into all veggies with some nice old olive oil.
I chose nonstarchy vegetables for this recipe: yellow onions, carrots, celery, and champagne. You can always replace your favorite non-starchy veggies if you do not like any of these veggies. Yellow squash, red bell pepper, like courgettes.
I used bone-on, skin-on thighs for my in this simple pie recipe. Before I put it on the oven for an hour, I simply savored it with salt and pepper. And that's it! I've got my crispy pot pie chick full of flavor.
With biscuits, I love my pot pie. I replace carbohydrate-filled pasta crust with my almoh flour biscuits because I have made a low carb, easy pie recipe. These cookies are made from almonds, which is a keto-friendly recipe for this simple pot pie recipe.
is the diet for a drastic and healthy loss of weight. In essence, changed our thinking about categories of food. Food is healthy now! Fat is good now! We will ensure our biscuits are fat, cheap and keto-friendly with these biscuits.
The Biscuits are also gluten-free and (most) vegan, not just low carbohydrates. By simply changing cheddar cheese with vegan cheddar cheese, you can make them vegan!
If you're on a diet, you can also try the popular Breakfast Meal Prep.
Almond Flour Biscuits
Many of us are white when it comes to cooking food. We use carbohydrates so long that we now think that our favorite foods are not limited. Like cookies , cakes and flatbread. But I'm going to tell you something that will make your life so easy.
Replace your regular meal by almond or meal. It's that straightforward! That is what I have done with these Biscuits of Almond Flour. Don't think about that. Don't think. You aren't flavor compromises. I consider that almond flour has a very distinctive, nutty flavor for biscuits.
You can subscribe to my YouTube channel if you consider this preparation recipe an eye opening experiment when it comes to smart cuisine. Join the community of Flavcity every Friday morning for a new meal preparation recipes.
Chicken Pot Pie with Keto Cheddar Biscuits
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 58 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 18 minutes
- Servings: 5 meals
For the pot pie:
- 3.5 pounds thighs bone & skin on
- 1 large yellow chopped
- 4 medium size diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 10 ounces cremini mushrooms sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1-2 cups low sodium broth
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
For the biscuits:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon each garlic & powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 beaten
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or butter
- ½ cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the pot pie in a 400 F oven. For the pot pie. Allow a generosity of salt and a few cracks of pepper to come to room temperature on both sides for about 20 minutes. Place the on top of the meat, and cook for 1 hour in the oven on a sheet tray. If the chick is ready, cool for 5-10 minutes and remove the skin of the chicken. Use two buckets to cut off all the meat and then cut it all into small pieces and put away.
- While you cook the chicken, prepare a broad pot with 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat for 2 minutes. Furthermore add the celery, onions, carrots, champagne, dried thyme, three and a half teaspoon of salt and some pepper cracks. Stirring constantly, cook 12 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook until the veggies wilt and the oignons are colored about 5-7 minutes. Turn the heat off the pot and wait until you shake the (move on to the biscuit) if the isn't ready yet. In addition to the frozen peas, add the shredded in the pot and make sure that the heat is medium. Keep with a quantity of 1.5-2 cups of body to the bowl, only enough, but not like a soup. Cook ten minutes and you'll need more salt to check for the seasoning. Mix the corn starch in a small bowl and combine 3 cubs of broth. Into the pot and cook 5-10 minutes, add the corn starch slurry. Make certain that the mixture is cooking, otherwise the maize starch will not thicken correctly. If the blend is too thick, add additional broth and more slurry. If it is too loose. Take the heat off and reserve.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F for cookies. Sift 2 cups of almond meal into a large tub. Make sure that you have no large clumps of flour if you do not have a sifter. Add salt, pepper, powdered and garlic, powder, and mix well. Mix together the into a small bowl and add the melted oil. Put the wet batter on the dry batter and mix well with a spatula. Stir in the shredded cheese and mix well. Line a plate tray with parchment paper and make about 15 of them with a cookie scoop or a large spoon.
- Use your fingers to squeeze the batter down and make it look like a cookie and then cut a little pepper over each of them. Bake and remove from the oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Put up a part of the pot pie a few biscuits and enjoy! Place the biscuits and the mix for 5 days or freeze 2-3 months separately in the refrigerator. My favorite way to heat up the mix is to reheat the cookies in a toaster oven or a toaster. Put a wet towel over the blend if using a microwave and ensure it is not heated up any longer. Don't send the biscuits into microwave.
Recipe Notes :
Macros per serving of chicken:
- 333 calories per meal
- 12.4 grams of carbs per meal
- 14 grams of fat per meal
- 30.4 grams of protein per meal
- 2.8 grams of fiber per meal
Macros per biscuit, recipe makes 15 biscuits
- 170.5 calories per biscuit
- 2.7 grams of carbs per biscuit
- 16.4 grams of fat per biscuit
- 5 grams of protein per biscuit