Breakfast quiche with fresh asparagus, bacon and Swiss cheese.
- Prep Time: 1 h 10 m
- Calories: 401 kcal
- 1 (9 inch) deep-dish prepared pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter, or more to taste
- 8 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) salmon fillet
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced-fat cream cheese with and chives, at room temperature
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Press pie dough into a deep 9-inch pie plate.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add butter. Cook and stir asparagus in melted butter, about 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until asparagus is tender, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove pan from heat and add butter to asparagus, to taste.
- Season salmon with salt and black pepper; cook with asparagus over medium heat until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 4 minutes per side. Remove pan from heat and cut salmon into small pieces.
- Beat and cream cheese in a bowl until smooth; add half and mix.
- Place salmon and asparagus in pie shell and pour mixture, filling almost to the edge. Place pie pan on baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet on the bottom rack of the preheated oven and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Let quiche rest for 10 minutes before slicing.