Try these fabulous fritters ready in less than 30 minutes for an effortless vegetarian meal. Serve with fresh sprigs of dill and halves of lemon.
- 3 cups (360g) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 2 free range
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 150g fetta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 just-ripe avocado, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 120g pkt baby spinach
- 1 lemon, zested, cut into segments
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a medium bowl of boiling water, cook the peas for 2 minutes. Under cold water, cool down. Better drain. Sit in a big bowl. Wait. To grossly mash, use a potato masher or fork. Dill, and milk with whisk. Add meal and combine. Remove. Fold the feta carefully to 100 g. Space.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large non-bond frying bowl. Place 4 1/4 cups (60ml) around a bowl, so that space can be place. Cook on the surface for 2 minutes or until bubbles. Turn over and cook for 1-2 more minutes and cook until golden brown. Move to board. Switch to plate. To stay warm cover. Replace the remaining batter in 2 more batches.
- In a cup, bring together avocado, spinach, lemon, and parts. Divide between serving dishes, the salad and the fritters. Sprinkle the remaining feta with the zest.
- Tip: Keep these veggie fritters covered up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Batch it after school or work–enjoy it cold with tzatziki or beetroot dip bought.
- Please note: Veggie fillers are so versatile–make them with any pea, maize or grated cow, or beetroot combination.