I found this wonderful recipe in my Grandma's recetail journal. Judging by this card's weathered design, it was a favorite family. :
- Prep 5 m
- Cook 15 m
- Ready In 20 m
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
158 calories; 5.9 g fat; 21.7 g carbohydrates; 4.5 g protein; 38 mg cholesterol; 504 mg sodium.