For 30 seconds, mix on high. Hold milk in the refrigerator — after 8 hours the taste and texture should improve considerably. Milk is going to last 3-4 days and generates around 5.5 cups.
Chocolate Almond Milk
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Author: Dessi Parrish
For the almond milk:
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 4 cups filtered water
For the milk:
- 4 dates pitted
- 2 tablespoons cocao not powder, this is raw & unprocessed
- 2 teaspoons reishi mushroom powder
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- Seeds from half a vanilla bean scraped out
- 1 teaspoon ground
- pinch of salt pink salt is nice
- Soak your almonds 24-48 hours in water. Add to the mixer with 4 cups of fresh water and strain almonds. Blend high 2 minutes, then bring the contents into a bowl in a nut milk container, or strainer over a bowl lined with a cheese cloth. Squeeze out the whole milk and save the meal of the remaining almonds, yummo!
- In order to make the milk, take 5 minutes to melt in hot water. Add the milk of almond, dates spread out of the bowl, and the rest to a mixer. Combine high, about 1 minute until all is well integrated. Enjoy or live 3-4 days in the fridge.