Take the most of Asparagus with this simple yet delicious vegetarian tart in May in the season.
- Cook 40 Mins
- Level easy
- Batch Serves 6
- 350g asparagus
- 400g Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 1 level tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 284 ml carton single cream
- slat and black pepper
For the pastry :
- 50g soft butter
- 110g plain flour
- 25g Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- a pinch of salt
A flank tin with fluid borders and a removible foundation, slightly greased, of about 71⁄2 inches (19 cm) and a strong baker's sheet of ten x 12 inches (25 x 30 cm) will be needed.
Gas oven preheat 4, 180 ° C. Gas oven. In the fireplace, fire up the bakery.
First, rub the butter in the flour and then add the cheese and salt, along with enough cold water to create a smooth dough — approximately one tablespoon.
Put the dough in a plastic bag for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
Roll it out afterwards and put the tin on it. Pay attention to firmly press the dough into the tin. Take the foundation with a fork and bake in the oven for twenty minutes beforehand.
Then add the beaten (from the filling ingredients) to the inside and leave it to cook for another five minutes.
To Prepare The Asparagus :
- Take each stalk in the two hands and bend it, snap it off the wooded end and arrange it for 4-5 minutes, then cook it in a steamer and steam over a simmering water.
- Chop and place spears over the base of the pre-cooked baked pastry case in lengths of 11⁄2 inche (4 cm).
- Then beat the and the cream and grated cheddar and season with salt and pepper and pour over the asparagus.
- Sprinkle over the top of the Parmesan.
- Into the oven and cook 30-40 minutes until halfway through and golden brown and puffy. Put the tarto on the baked plate.