These easy, fluffy pancakes will be the best you've ever tried - trust us! Check out all of Barb's best tips and tricks!
Vanilla ice-cream, maple syrup and fresh strawberries, to serve
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons caster
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- To make the pancake batter, combine the flour and in a large bowl. Combine milk, and vanilla in a medium jug. Whisk well. Whisk into flour mixture until well combined.
- Brush bottom of large non-stick skillet with melted butter over medium heat. Pour 1/3 cup of batter into skillet. Repeat to make two pancakes.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the pancakes. Cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden on the bottom. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining melted butter and batter to make eight pancakes in total.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, maple syrup and strawberries.
Barbara Northwood :
Barbara Northwood is the former food director of New Idea Food and founder of the New Idea Test Kitchen. With a passion for cooking and extensive experience in the food industry, she enjoys sharing her tips, recipes and food expertise.