This lamb stew instant pot recipe is full of flavor, texture and is easy to make. Tender pieces of lamb cooked with apricots, pomegranate molasses, chickpeas, wine, and yogurt sauce.
Gluten Free, Super Simple with Lamb's main ingredient
This lamb stew from Morocco is comfort food straight up! The fact that it's just 30 minutes for an instant pot meal is an extra bonus. I love the flavors and textures of this platter absolutely. The lamb is tender and melts in your mouth. The apricots are delicious, the spices add some comfort, and the of yogurt refreshes all.
Even if this lamb stew is made for a pot, you can also make it on the top of your stove. Follow the directions and stir 1 hour with the deck, remove the deck and cook another 20-30 minutes. Check out my pot pie and cacciatore recipe if you want more instant pot recipes.
How To Make Lamb Stew In The Instant Pot
Brown meat in the highest saute setting on the instant pot is the first thing you want to do. It takes approximately six to eight minutes and adds a serious taste to the stew, especially when the Moroccan spice is spiced into the lamb. Take the lamb out of the pot and begin the veggies to cook. The squash of the butternut makes the stew rich and dense and is also a great winter veggie.
What Can I Serve with Lamb Stew?
A garlic and a citrus spiced with grenade molasses is the best service for a lamb stew. The flavors of the cool, sweet and sour yogurt compliment the lamb so much of it! Oh, I'm such a candy for temperature comparisons, hot stew and cold yoghurt. Sweetheart!
Mix the yogurt, the rind, the juice, the garlic, the persil, and a swirl of pomegranate molasses together. For most food stores or Arabic shops, you can find the last things.
How Long Do I Cook Stew Meat In The Instant Pot?
Rind or lamb stew beef, which has been cut into around 1 centimeter in thickness, had to be cooked in an instant pot at high pressure for 30 minutes. Once you have finished cooking, wait ten minutes and then release the pressure manually carefully. If the stew is warm, you can mash and simmer for a few minutes some meat and chickpeas or add a maize stuffing slurry.
Instant Pot Lamb Stew Recipe
It has many flavors and textures, and is so simple to make in the immediate bowl. The rub, dried apricots and spice bag of Morocco add so much flavour, and thanks to cooked in the jars the lamb is incredibly tender.
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: arabic, Mediterranean
- Keyword: comfort food, instant pot, lamb, stew
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Servings: servings
For the lamb stew:
- 1.5 pounds lamb stew meat shoulder meat is best
- 1-2 teaspoons Moroccan spice rub recipe below
- ½ a large diced
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 large peeled & chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash peeled & cubed
- 1.5 teaspoons fresh or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 tablespoons paste
- ½ cup red wine
- 1-2 cups beef stock/broth
- ½ cup dried & soaked chickpeas
- ½ cup dried apricots sliced
- 1 stick cardamom pod, & star anise
- 2 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Chopped pistachios & parsley for garnish
- Avocado or olive oil
- Kosher salt & fresh pepper
For the yogurt sauce:
- ½ cup Greek style yogurt
- Zest & juice of ½ a
- 1 clove garlic finely grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt & a crack of pepper
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
For the Moroccan spice rub:
- 1.5 teaspoons each smoked paprika & cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander & turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon & cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix all the ingredients into a small bowl to make the spice rub for the lamb, blend well. Take a generous pinch of salt from the lamb meat and rub it all around, you may not need to rub it all up to you. Rub over 2 teaspoons of oil and rub your hands on all the spices. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and wait for it to heat up. Preheat your instant pot to high sauté. Sprinkle the lamb and gray, between 6-8 minutes on either leg. Remove the lamb, lower the heat to medium and add additional oil if required, onions, celery, carrots, butternut, thyme, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and some pepper cracks.
- Cook the garlic for 10 minutes, then cook for another 3-5 minutes or for veggies to wilted. Lower the heat and add the water sprinkling so that the veggies will not burn. Add paste and cook for 1-2 minutes. Cook until wine is completely evaporated. Attach the lamb and the beef to the bowl, along with the chickpeas, and the apricots, halfway through the roast. Attach the stick and cardamom, 2 cloves and 1 star anise to an empty tea bag.
- Stick it securely and add 1⁄4 teaspoon to the pot. Well mix, close the lid to the pot, and cook for 30 minutes at high pressure. Allow 10 minutes to sit, then release the steam manually.
- Mix both, apart from the molasses in a small pot, to make the yogurt and blend well. Spoon 1 tablespoon of grenade molasses right before serving and swirl it a few times.
- Take the from the immediate cup, cut the tea pocket and the bay leaf and mash some lamb and peas with a wooden spoon, which will help thicken the stew. Serve with yogurt, chopped pistachio, and persil in a bowl and top. Good luck!
Macros per serving, makes 4 servings:
26.8 grams of net carbs
33.5 grams of total carbs
15.9 grams of fat
48.6 grams of protein
7 grams of fiber
Macros per serving if omitting the butternut squash, chickpeas, & apricots, makes 4 servings:
4.9 grams of net carbs
12.65 grams of total carbs
14.8 grams of fat
44 grams of protein
1 gram of fiber
Macros for all of yogurt sauce:
19.5 net & total carbs(4.5 grams of omitting molasses)
2.3 grams of fat
11.5 grams of protein