is one of our most popular recipes year after year, and it's no wonder. This hearty dish is a crowd-pleaser, featuring tender beef, mushrooms and an almost irresistible creamy sauce. Now we've developed a recipe especially for your Instant Pot®, so you're guaranteed to enjoy all the classic flavours of in record time.
1/4cup butter 2lb boneless beef sirloin steak, cut in thin strips, patted dry 1cup chopped onions 8oz fresh white mushrooms, thinly sliced 1/4teaspoon salt 1/4teaspoon pepper 2cloves garlic, finely chopped 1cup Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton) 1can (10.5 oz) condensed mushroom soup 1tablespoon cornstarch 1tablespoon water 4oz cream cheese (from 8-oz package), cubed 1/2cup sour cream 8cups hot cooked noodles
- On 6 quart Instant Pot®, select SAUTE; set to normal. Melt butter in insert. Add half the beef strips; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is just browned, turning once. Using slotted spoon, transfer to medium bowl. Repeat with other half of beef; transfer to bowl with browned beef. Add onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper to insert; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until softened and golden. Stir in garlic and broth; bring to boil, stirring constantly. Stir in soup and beef. Select CANCEL.
- Close lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure for 2 minutes. Select CANCEL. Set pressure valve to VENTILATION to release pressure quickly.
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and water with a fork. Select SAUTE; set to normal. Heat the mixture in the insert until it boils. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Select CANCEL.
- Stir cream cheese into beef mixture until melted. Stir in sour cream until well blended. Serve over noodles.
Tips from the Betty Crocker Kitchens
Blotting the beef before adding it to the butter helps it brown better, making it more flavourful.
To save time, buy pre-sliced and packaged mushrooms.
530 Calories, 22g Total Fat, 34g Protein, 47g Total Carbohydrate, 3g Sugars
Serving Size: 2/3 Cup Beef Mixture and 1 Cup Noodles
- Calories 530
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat22g34%
- Saturated Fat10g52%
- Trans Fat1g
- Total Carbohydrate47g16%
- Dietary Fiber2g10%
- % Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%
- Vitamin C0%
Exchanges:3 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.