It is based on the recipe I got about six years ago from my aunt during my bridal shower. Last year I finally used it and changed it to make it a quick meal. Yeah, somewhere a working woman will survive! This is a fast and simple alternative to lasagna, but it is better for a weekend meal, if you have not much time! Serve with side salad, garlic and a quick and delicious meal!
- prep:15 mins
- cook:25 mins
- total:40 mins
- Yield:8 servings
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 (26 ounce) jar garlic and spaghetti (such as Ragu® Robusto® Sauteed & Garlic Pasta Sauce)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat the furnace to 350 ° F (175 ° C). Grate a bakery for 2.5 thirds.
- Bring to a boil a large container of lightly salted water. Put pasta in a pot and cook until tender and dry for eight to ten minutes.
- Cook and stir in large pot over medium heat, around 8-10 minutes, the Italian sausage until browned. Drain the meat and add the into the skillet with the cooked pasta and the spaghetti, and stir together well. Take a boil with the blend.
- Sprinkle half the hot pasta-sausages mix in the cooked baking dish and sprinkle half the mozzarella cheese with the cottage cheese. Layer over the cheese the remainder of the pasta and cover with the remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for about 25 minutes in the preheated oven until the casserole is hot and the cheese melts and bubbles. Until serving, let it stand for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts :
385.6 calories; protein 22.1g 44% DV; carbohydrates 29.6g 10% DV; fat 19.3g 30% DV; cholesterol 46.4mg 16% DV; sodium 1134.6mg 45% DV.