- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (6 to 6 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 packed cup dark
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup fresh unfiltered apple juice
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely grated
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered
- 1/4 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- Place an oven protector in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350 ° F for cupcakes. Label two 12-cup mini pastry moffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the soup, baking squash, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Whip the butter in a big bowl with a portable electric blender. Stir in and beat until combined. Crack one at a time in the eggs. Mix the applesauce and the apple juice with each of the dry ingredients. Beat the rest of the dry compounds. Fold the crushed and the currants.
- Throw into each paper liner 1 well-rounded tablespoon of batter. Bake until about seventeen minutes before a toothpick is inserted in the middle of the cupcakes. In the tins, refill cupcakes 5 minutes. Switch completely to a rack and chill.
- For freezing: In a large medium bowl, add cream from the bottle, powdered and whipping cream. Beat thickly and gently until the frosting. Cover and cool until solid for a total of 1 hour.
- Frost per cupcake and serve with 1 heaped frosting tablespoon.