for 2 servings
- 8 oz firm tofu(225 g), drained
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 cup chickpeas(200 g), drained
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa(255 g)
- 1 cup leafy greens(40 g), such as mesclun, baby kale, or spinach
- ¼ cup shredded carrots(25 g), shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- Juice of 1
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Prepare marinade: In a small bowl, combine vegetable oil, sesame oil, hot sauce, thyme, paprika and salt. Set aside.
- Place marinade and tofu in a container and marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to one day.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Arrange sweet potato, and garlic on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the chickpeas, salt, pepper, chili powder and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a skillet and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Set the chickpeas aside.
- Fry the tofu in the same pan for about 10 minutes on each side.
- Cut the tofu into slices according to your preference.
- Mix the quinoa, greens, sweet potatoes, onions, chickpeas, carrots, tofu and avocado in a medium bowl and add the juice.