I switch to baked pasta like lasagna, parmesan pasta, or this meaty and crispy Pasta al Forno any time I look at feeding a crowd. The pasta dish still gets wonderful feedback from friends and family!
I order Pasta al Forno any time I go to my favorite Italian restaurant. With a bubbling hot pasta plate you can't go wrong! My dish variant is full of spice and also tastes better than in the restaurant.
What is Al Forno style?
Al Forno is an Italian term referring to food served in the oven. The term usually applies to dishes like pizzas, spaghetti and breads like focaccia. Pasta al Forno applies, in this specific case, to baked pasta, which is mostly toped with molten cheese.
How do you make Pasta al forno?
Begin by preparing the that includes wine, marinara sauce, garlic and onions. Then heat the pasta to a point, and add in a sausage mixture with the fried pasta. Place the spaghetti onto a baker's table and then apply a generous mozzarella layer of cheese. Bake the wrapped pasta and then open it to the golden brown melted cheese. Attach a new sprinkling of parsley, eating and have fun.
Tips for the perfect pasta
- Usually I use rigatoni for this sauce, but any quick pasta, like penne, ziti, rotini and fusilli, will fit.
- Scrap your own mozzarella, miss a suitcase of pre-shredded cheese. I consider pre-shredded cheeses are still coated and not liquid as easily in preservatives and counter-caking chemicals.
- Up to 8 hours prior to baking, you should assemble this bowl. To start with a cold casserole, you can need to put 10 to 15 minutes in addition to the baking time.
- The leftover pasta stays healthy for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Remaining pasta can be heated to 325 degrees F in a sealed oven, or individual pieces can be reheated in the microwave.
- While this dish is normally made with sweet Italian sausages, hot sausages fit well as well.
Pasta al forno flavor variations
This recipe from Pasta al Forno is delicious, but can be easily modified to your needs.
- Protein: You can use ground beef, earth turkey, fried diced or even quartered meatballs instead of Italian sausages. Protein:
- Vegetables: Don't think about adding cooked vegetables like lettuce, eggplant, champignons, courgetteous pepper or sauce.
- Aroma: How to improve the aroma? Remove some olives, a sprinkle of split red pepper or a sprinkling of heavy milk.
- Cheese: Nice replacements with certain forms with cheese like fontina or provolone are optional instead of mozzarella.
Can you freeze baked pasta?
This pasta dish is a perfect freezer choice, usually I am mounting it and freezing it unbaked. For up to 2 months, Pasta al Forno remains fresh in the freezer. You can cook frozen pasta, just add another 20-30 minutes to prepare.
You will find yourself eating it on a daily basis once you try this baked pasta, it is just that sweet!
Pasta al Forno
This Pasta al Fórno is rigatoni pasta, which is then covered with cheese and cooked beautifully, tossed in a savory meat sauce. A sincere main course which is perfect for a big group meal.
- Course Main
- Cuisine Italian
- Keyword baked pasta, pasta al forno
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Cook Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 35 minutes
- Servings 6
- Calories 601kcal
For the :
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds mild Italian sausage casings removed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 24 ounce jar marinara
- 8 ounce can
For assembly :
- 16 ounces rigatoni or other short pasta cooked according to package directions in salted water
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- cooking spray
- To 350 degrees F preheat oven. Cover a cook spray 9"x13 "saucepan.
For the :
- In a large saucepan, melt the oil over low pressure. Fill the oven with the sauce.
- Cook the sausage for 3-4 minutes and break it with a spoon in pieces. Cover in the onion. Cook for an extra 5 minutes or until sausage is browned and softened.
- Cover the garlic with it and cook for 30 seconds. In the pan, add the and the marinara and prepare the mixture.
- Cook the for five minutes or thicken only.
For assembly :
- Offer the to the cooked pasta.
- In the prepared pan and cover with mozzarella cheese, add pasta mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then open and bak for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is bubbly and melted and browned.
- Parsley spray. Enable 5 minutes to stand, then serve.
Calories : 601kcal | Carbohydrates : 51g | Protein : 35g | Fat : 27g | Saturated Fat : 13g | Cholesterol : 102mg | Sodium: 726mg | Potassium: 863mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 680IU | Vitamin C : 10mg | Calcium : 189mg | Iron : 4mg