Medium-sized are ideal for a spaghetti twirl shot through with squash ribbons. Do vegetarians have at the table? Double the tomatoes and top with a spoonful of ricotta part-skim cheese.
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp, tails removed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable or broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Bring a big salted water pot to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook al dente in the order of the package.
- When cooking pasta, cut off every squash from top to bottom. Peel the squash into a belt, use a vegetable peeler and turn the peel when you are peeling. Stop squash peeling when only the center of the seed remains. Remove seeds and core.
- Store the pasta water for 1/4 cup and drain it on squash bands. Put the pasta in a medium bowl and throw the squash ribbons uniformly.
- Then add 1/2 tablespoon of kosher salt and a little spice to the shrimp. Place 1 tablespoon oil over medium - high place in a large saucepan. Add the to a single coat and stir-free cook for about two minutes until the edges are turned pink. Remove the shrimp, add the tomatoes, garlic and pepper flocks, then cook for about 1 minute until the tomatoes have softened and the garlic has been toasted. Remove pasta and beans, broth and 1 tablespoon of olive oil left. Cook, toss and absorb most of the liquid until it is warmed through. When necessary, add the pasta water, if the noodles appear to be dry.
- Apply salt and pepper to the season. Separate the chives among the 4 bowls.