January officially began and we now have the food preparation seasoning. As every year, my New Year's goal is healthy eating and losing weight. Meal planning helped me to eat healthy last year, so I continue with food preparation this year.
You would also like this sausage and veggie food if you liked my tasted and veggie dinner. Both sausages and veggies are rusty and washed in one bath. Olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning have been seasoned. As always, taco seasoning, cajun seasoning or your favorite spice mix will replace the italien seasoning.
Roasted Sausage, Veggies and Quinoa Meal-Prep
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 5
- Author: Chef_Bassile
- Sausage and Veggies
- 16 ounces Smoked Turkey or Sausage cut into 1'' rounds
- 2 cups sweet potato diced into ½'' cubes
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup bell pepper chopped (any colors you like)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning or taco, Cajun of your favorite spice blend!
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa any variety
- Olive oil optional
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-5 containers
- For saucers and vegetables: pre-heat 400F oven. In a broad bakery board, mix a sauce, vegetables, garlic, olive oil and season. Throw your hands on vegetables until the vegetables are thoroughly mixed with olive oil and spices. Bake, halfway, for 20 minutes.
- Quinoa to make: Rinse quinoa thoroughly with cool water in a medium casserole. Attach salt, water and boil.t urn heat and cover for 15 minutes, to the lowest point. Let stand 5 minutes, sealed. Smooth with a fork the quinoa.
- Divide quinoa into containers of 4-5 meal prep. Sausage and vegetables are topped. Cover and store for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. For 1-2 minutes or until steamy, microwave on high to heat up.