A Cold-Weather Favorite
This with boiled beef is one of my favorite slow-cooker recipes, especially during the autumn and winter months.
The broth is so moist and tasteful and after a long time of preparation, the beef becomes so soft. Cook it all day, and it just strengthens.
How To Make Taco Soup
Be mindful that before putting this soup into the slow cooker, it takes you a few minutes to brown the beef. Only the boiling of beef quickly gives the finished soup a stronger texture and taste and even manages to bring out the fat as it reaches the slow cooker.
I want to roast onions a little bit, because I am already browning beef. This is the sweetness of their flavor.
One or two day ahead you should brown meat and oignons and keep them cold until you are ready to make the soup.
With any crucible and even to complete the taco portion of a recipe, I love to eat this recipe with broken tortillas. Attach a nice light savory cream to feed!
Taco Bowl Fast Cooker
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound (450g) lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) diced yellow or red onions
- 2 to 3 cups (475ml to 710ml) or beef broth (use more if you want a thinner soup)
- 1 15-oz. (425g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. (425g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-oz. (425g) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 4-oz. (115g) can chopped green chiles
- 1 1/4 cups (135g) corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips, lightly crushed
- Sour cream
- Chopped cilantro
- Finely diced red
- Lime juice
- Chopped red onions
- 4-quart or larger slow cooker
- Brown beef: Heat olive oil in a broad skillet or sauté the bread in a medium-high heat (which can be produced one or two ahead of time). Remove beef and oignons and cook 2-3 minutes before the beef is browned but not totally cooked and the oignons start appearing soft around the edges. Using the spatula to break the ground beef into small bits as it is cooking. Clear from heat and use it straight away or cool until required for one or two days.
- In a slow cooker, add browned beef, oignons and other soup ingredients and blend properly. Cook for 6 to 7 hours, cover and cook low. It is good to cook the soup a little longer, or to turn the slow heater to the "hot" spot.
- Serve the soup: Serve broth with crushed tortilla, sour cream, cilantro, red and lime juice in cups. Serve the broth.
- The soup is cooled for 1 week or frozen for up to 3 months.