These summery veggie tacos come filled with a charred smoky eggplant and a ragu of black beans, finish with a creamy feta. Four of your 5-a-day bonus are included!
- Prep:10 mins
- Cook:50 mins
- Serves 4 Easy
- 2 aubergines
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp purée
- 400g fresh tomatoes, chopped
- pinch dried oregano or thyme
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- pinch chilli flakes
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 x 400g cans black beans, 1 drained and rinsed
- ½ lime, juiced, plus wedges to serve
- 8 small tortillas, warmed
- small bunch coriander, leaves picked
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- pink pickled onions, to serve (see tip, below)
- Then pick the eggplant with a bucket over the entire field, place it over the medium gas flame and roast, turn with the tongs, often until it blackened and collapses, around 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a dish and cool. Peel the skin with a spoon or scoop the skin off the cooled eggplants. Try removing much skin, but don't panic if there are a few spots.
- Heat the oven to a fan / gas 6 200C/180C. Heat the olive oil with the lake leaf and cumin seeds in a large ovenproof frying pan. Add the and garlic as they begin to sizzle. Crush the puree for about 5 minutes, then stir into the and simmer for a few minutes.
- Apply the tomatoes and the dried oregano and begin cooking until it sinks into the for a few minutes. In a boiling, heating, boiling, add the aubergine flesh, chili powder, chilli and vinegar to the bottom and then spill into the black beans. Cook for 5 minutes until reduced to bubble. Move to the oven for 15-20 minutes, and rust until deep, dark and completely reduced .. Sprinkle with lime juice.
- Saison the aubergine mixture and spoon it into the soft coriander tortillas, crumbled feta, lattuce and pink pickled oignons.
Create a pink wrap onion: In a dish, apply some salt , and lime juice, thinly sliced red to create pink wrapped onions. Pickle at room temperature for at least 1 hour before rosy. Keeps three or four days in the refrigerator.
Nutrition per serving :
kcal 518, fat 15g, saturates 5g, carbs 65g, sugars 11g, fibre 20g, protein 21g, salt 1.6g.