This is a recipe for the family that our house is a great favorite. You get a meatloaf that is juicy and tasty with fresh bread instead of dried crumbs.
- prep: 15 mins
- cook: 45 mins
- total: 1 hr
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 1 meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup small chunks of bread
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon sage
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup ketchup, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Thoroughly combine ground beef, cabbage, bacon, pasta, milk, green bell pepper, salt, basil, and black pepper together in a pot. Push the loaf to the bowl. Stretch ketchup over the loaf rim.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 45 minutes. In the center, an instant-reading thermometer should read at least 160°F (70°C).
Nutrition Facts :
261.7 calories; 21.9 g protein; 8.1 g carbohydrates; 118.7 mg cholesterol; 715.4 mg sodium.