Oatmeal Cookie Bars
Last week, I posted my bars with the Simple Chip and CRAZY came to you guys! So ... why not make a version of oatmeal?!
Yesterday, I took a quick look at our cupboard and we were relieved that we already had all the ingredients we wanted! It's a blessing right now, because every 2 weeks we still take shelter and hit the food store only once.
An extra advantage? Not required electric mixer! A couple of weeks ago, I broke my kitchen bowl and couldn't fill it with it. Thus all the recetes I created are 100% HAND made lol for you.
As you can see, my collection mix was big bits of gooe dark for these chips. It was the best way for me, I had a whole bunch of random bits from other recipes!
But any mix-in you want can be used! Such concepts are as follows:
- semi-sweet or milk chips
- chopped dark, milk, or white
- peanut butter chips or peanut butter cups
- raisins (they’ll taste just like my brown butter !)
- dried cranberries and white chips
- toffee bits
- finely chopped covered espresso beans
- Reese’s pieces
- pecans, walnuts, or even peanuts
- shredded coconut
Also 100% optional is the flasky sea salt on top! But if you like this salty / sweet whole thing, a nice touch. Moreover, it looks so pretty and posh these bars!
Can I use Quick Oats?
Yeah! Yeah! Yes! They're only going to work fine if you have strong oats just on hand! The texture is a little different, but it's going to work eventually! Just use the quantity needed in the recipe!
How to Make Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Oven to 350 ° C (F). Oven to 350 ° C. Line a 9′′ square parchment paper baker.
- Melted butter and both sugars are added to a large bowl. Add and extract vanilla and mix well. whisk together.
- Bake the soda, salt, oats and cinnamon. Add the flour. To fold the flour mixture, using the rubber spatula until mixed. Don't mix over here, or you're going to get cakey plates!!! Fold the (or any add-ins you use) into the beans.
- Remove the batter into the prepared bowl and bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown. Depending on your oven, maybe a little longer.
- Placed on a cooling rack, cool completely in the pot. Cut, delight, please!
I've served this snack of Vanille Ice Cream in these chewy oatmeal chunk cookies, and it's a Complete success! So for years to come, I know that this recipe will be heavily rotated here! You fly great, too! And I am scheduled to bake a batch for friends and family later today, which I miss so much right now! – the oxygen.
And please let me know if you're using this recipe for Oatmeal Bars! Save a comment below and do not forget to take a picture and tag it on instagram # bakerbynature! Getting your cooking goods is my day and helps your bakers so much
The Best Oatmeal Cookie Bars
These are the BEST Oatmeal Bars you're ever going to cook! It is a wonderful recipe the entire family would enjoy, fluffy, chewing and full of rolling oats and chocolate. Any mixer needed and super simple!
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 30 mins
- Inactive 1 hour
- Total 1 hour, 45 mins
- Yield 9" Pan
2 sticks (8 ounces, 1 cup) unsalted butter, melted 1 cup light brown sugar, packed 1/4 cup granulated 2 large plus 1 yolk, at room temperature 2 tablespoons milk 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 and 2/3 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 3/4 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 and 1/2 cups rolled oats 1 and 1/4 cups chopped dark OR your mix-in of choice (see post for ideas!) 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, optional
- Oven to 350 ° C (F). Oven to 350 ° C. Strip a 9x9-inch pot made of aluminum foil or parchment paper. Pull the non-adhesive spray gently and set it aside.
- During medium heat in a casserole, melt the butter and cook until gold browned. Stir occasionally. You don't want burnt chocolate, keep an eye here! Take the butter from heat into a large heat resistant mixing bowl.
- In both sugars, whisk and blend together well. Mix the coffee together. Then place yolk in the and then beat together. Mix the milk together.
- In the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and dried oats, blended and mixed with the rubber spatula. Fold the candy bits, finally. In the prepared pan, scrape the batter.
- Bake until the edges are firm and gold or 28 to 32 minutes. Bake. Press on the warm plates, if desired, extra chunks.
- At least 1 hour prior to cutting, cool in a bath. Until serving, sprinkle with flaky sea salt.