Lunch or breakfast? If the recipe is so simple, why not! With some crumple, juicy sweet apples, I like to serve it. Sometimes I fill the for sweetness and crunch with raisins and nuts. —Bellingham, Michele McHenry, Washington.
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 large
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 frozen low-fat multigrain waffles
- 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Sliced tomato, optional
- In a saucepan, cook Canadian bacon 1-2 minutes on each side for medium-high heat or until brownish lightly. Take it away and keep it warm.
- Add and green onions in a small bowl and add to the same pot. Cook until the is thickened and there is no liquid left.
- In the meantime, prepare waffles as directed in the box. On a plate put 1 waffle. Cut the and, if needed, tomatoes in top with Canadian bacon. Rest of waffles to top.
Nutrition Facts :
1 sandwich: 261 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 223mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.